Central Library occupies a place of pride in LNCT and is an essential component of the institute’s outstanding education mission. It is a most lively place on the campus providing a safe, comfortable and friendly environment that enables learning and advancement of knowledge and promotes discovery and scholarship. The mission of the Central Library is to facilitate creation of new knowledge through acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge resources and providing for value added services. All students, faculty members and employees of the Institute are permitted to make use of library facilities. The library has a huge collection of books on Engineering, Management, Science and Humanities offers library services through its various divisions.
Salient Features of the Library
- The Total Seating Capacity is 200
- Digital Library with 20 Systems
- E- POWER and DELNET journals online
- Reference section
- Periodical section
- Standard text books and books by well known authors
e-journals have been subscribed through DELNET -AICTE consortium. Access to these Journals is made available to all the staff and students. Many transactions, journals, magazines, newsletters, proceedings can be accessed though this Digital Library.
Twenty systems connected to LAN with Internet facility are provided for the Students. They can use the facility for their project work, preparation for seminars and paper presentations, online access to journals, e-books and study material. Intranet facility is provided to access the previous question papers, teaching schedules, internal marks, attendance, daily circulars etc.
Audio – Visual centre & Lecture DVD’s
DVD’s comprising the NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) / lectures which were procured from all IIT’s are kept open for students and staff for subject reference. Staff and students can refer these DVD’s in the seminar halls.
In addition to the Central Library, every PG department has department library. All important text / reference books are maintained in the departmental libraries for the use of faculty and students.
Book Bank Scheme
Many students opted for book bank scheme which costs Rs. 4000 for the entire course. This scheme runs on the premise that each student should posses at least one text book for each subject throughout his/her 4 years of study. Procuring these books from the market is arduous and expensive proposition and also some editions are not available in the market. Book bank scheme is devised to overcome this problem. Large number of students are availing this facility.
Working of the Book Bank Scheme
Principal, HODs and faculty members decide the best books that cover the entire syllabus of the subject. These books are purchased and accessioned in the library and issued to each student (one set) for a period of one year / semester. At the end of the year/semester the student has to return all the books and then books of the next semester are issued on the 1st day of the semester.
Benefits to Students
- A single, one-time payment ensures the availability of the best textbooks for each subject throughout her four years of study.
- Books are handed over to the student at the college library.
- The presence of textbooks improves the student’s academics and enhances the performance in internal and external examinations
- Students can save a lot of time and money. No need to buy books from market at higher rates and with difficulties.
- Students can borrow two extra books of their choice from the library through 2 library borrowers tickets normally issued to all students.